Publications & Research
The Many Facets of Leadership
By: Marshall Goldsmith, Vijay Govindarajan, Beverly Kaye, Albert A. Vicere
"What will it take to lead your organization into the future? "Simply" the ability to simultaneously promote speed, innovation, and non-stop learning... to handle unprecedented complexity and ambiguity... to inspire everyone around you... and to develop a new generation of leaders with the flexibility and emotional intelligence to go beyond where you leave off.
This book's team of world-class contributors deliver insight and guidance for addressing the challenges today's leaders face-from organizational renewal to crisis management, strategy to coaching, metrics to maximizing value.
Contributors to this book include leading IMS faculty, such as Peter Koestenbaum, Paul Schoemaker, Charles Handy, Michael Lombardo, Randall White, James Hulbert, Judith Bardwick, Russell Ackoff, Robert Eichinger, and many others: a virtual "who's who" of leadership expertise and wisdom. Together, they have created a blueprint for 21st century leadership."
Leadership By Design
By: Albert A. Vicere, Robert M. Fulmer
"In Leadership by Design, Vicere and Fulmer argue that executive development is undergoing a fundamental shift away from conventional methods that benefit only a few chosen successors toward a strategy that drives the flexibility, commitment, and competitiveness of the entire organization. With Leadership by Design, they explain strategic leadership development: what it is, how it evolves, and how it is being addressed through both traditional techniques as well as revolutionary new practices. Here, in a single volume, Vicere and Fulmer have synthesized the most influential ideas that shape the current thinking on organizational strategies for professional growth and executive education. Leadership by Design catalogs the best practices and benchmark programs currently available, and offers a hands-on framework to help companies design unique - and effective - programs for inspiring and enabling their future leaders."
The Art and Practice of Leadership Coaching: 50 Top Executive Coaches Reveal Their Secrets
By: Howard Morgan, Phil Harkins, Marshall Goldsmith
Al Vicere is featured among 50 top leadership coaches in the acclaimed book, The Art and Practice of Leadership Coaching.
Leadership coaching has become vitally important to today?s most successful businesses. The Art and Practice of Leadership Coaching is a landmark resource that presents a variety of perspectives and best practices from today?s top executive coaches. It provides valuable guidance on exactly what the best coaches are now doing to get the most out of leaders, for now and into the future. Revealing core philosophies, critical capabilities, and the secrets of coaching success, this one-of-a-kind guide includes essays from fifty top coaches. Packed with cutting-edge ideas and proven best practices, this is the definitive source of information for anyone dealing with coaching.
- For selections from Al Vicere's twice-monthly syndicated newspaper column, CEO Corner, offering advice and insights on leadership for leaders, click here.
Selected Articles and Publications
- Vicere, A. "The HR Executive's Most Crucial Capability? A Strategic Leadership Mindset." In I. Ziskan, Three: The Human Resource Emerging Executive. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, 216-220.
- Vicere, A. "The Real Legacy of Leadership: Aligning Rhetoric with Reality." Chapter 13: The AMA Handbook of Leadership, M. Goldsmith, J. Baldoni, & S. McArthur, Eds., New York: AMACOM.
- Vicere, A. "Surviving the Terrible Two(thousand)s: A Participant's Guide." Leader Values.
- Vicere, A. "Job 1 for Leaders: Aligning Rhetoric To Reality." Business Coaching Worldwide.
- Hayes, T. "Conversations with a Change Agent: Al Vicere on ARAMARK." Human Resource Planning.
- Jossi, F. "Stuck on Change" (featuring comments from Al Vicere on stunning changes at 3M). Human Resources Executive.
- Alldredge, M, C Johnson, J. Stoltzfus, and A. Vicere. "Leadership Development at 3M: New Process, New Techniques, New Growth." Human Resource Planning.
- Vicere, A. "Where Have All the Leaders Gone?" Employment Relations Today.
- Vicere, A. "Leadership in the Networked Economy." Human Resource Planning. *Awarded the Human Resource Planning Society's 2003 Walker Prize as article of the year.
- Human Resources Executive, "Forecast For Change" (story of a strategy and change process conducted for Accuweather, Inc.).
- Vicere, A., "Do Your Leaders Have the Right 'DNA' to Handle the Coming Upturn?". Vicere Associates, Inc. White Paper.
- Vicere, A. "Life, Love and Legacy," Pittsburgh Post Gazette.
- Vicere, A. "Ten Observations on e-Learning and Leadership Development. Human Resource Planning.